Updates from the Laptop

The first deadline for story contributors was this weekend.

The updates: Now while about 30 women signed up to be contributors, only 10 actually sent stories in (with 2 more asking for extensions, so I'm still waiting for those). 1/3 probably isn't 1/2 bad when you think about it (Dig those fractions!).
How did they find me? Mostly on Facebook. I also approached a couple of people after seeing their stories featured somewhere online. Word of mouth  - as in, a friend of a friend of friend - was helpful. Vonda Skelton was kind enough to post my project on her blog, as well, so a few signed up from her site.
Where are they from? I have a gorgeous international sampling from North America, the UK, New Zealand, Asia and Africa!

And the stories - oh, the stories! Each one is really beautiful and unique. So touching. And I'm humbled that these women took the time to share their experiences of finding love and marrying later in life with me, and consequently, with you all.
 
I would really, REALLY appreciate your prayers as I begin the process of editing and organizing and weaving and writing.
 
It's going to be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-42443449-2